Law Office Of Nancy H. Boler Dedicated to offering professional and personalized support in the area of divorce and family law.
Family law questions? I can help. Call today.
Local: 832-539-4689 Serving The Houston Metro | Free Initial Consultation

July 2018 Archives

Property division, retirement accounts and QDROs

You and your spouse have been planning for retirement all your adult lives. Because your spouse made all those contributions to his retirement plans during your marriage, they are now marital property in your divorce. However, dividing retirement accounts can be a complex process, especially since each retirement plan may have its own rules. 

Making the most of visits with noncustodial children

If you are a parent who does not have primary custody of your child, you may have standing visits with your son or daughter over the summer, on certain holidays or what have you. Because you only have limited time to spend with your child, you probably want to make every effort to ensure a smooth, positive visit that strengthens your parent-child relationship.

Is court necessary to modify a divorce decree?

In one sense, divorce decrees are set in stone. You must do whatever is in the decree, and if you do not, your ex-spouse could seek remedies in court. In another sense, though, divorce decrees are not necessarily set in stone. The courts recognize that few people's lives stay the same and that they may need to make post-divorce modifications.


Schedule a Confidential Evaluation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Recent Posts