Law Office Of Nancy H. Boler Dedicated to offering professional and personalized support in the area of divorce and family law.
Family law questions? I can help. Call today.
Local: 832-539-4689 Serving The Houston Metro | Free Initial Consultation

Posts tagged "modification"

How to file for a child custody modification

If you are divorced with kids, negotiating custody is often one of the most stressful prospects to deal with. It is ideal that both parents be equally involved in a child's life, but schedules, living arrangements and other obligations often complicate the matter. A custody agreement is drafted based on the circumstances of each parent. What happens, though, when these circumstances happen to change?

3 tips for fathers who want to change a child custody order

Sometimes a child custody agreement does not remain intact forever. There are various issues that arise after divorce that may cause your child custody order to change. Perhaps your financial situation has changed significantly or your child has grown up and has stated his or her desire for a different arrangement.

NBA star's child support dispute goes back to trial judge

Houston residents who follow the lives of NBA stars on and off the court may have seen headlines about the ongoing child support dispute involving Steve Nash and his ex-wife Alejandra. The Laker point guard and his former spouse have three children together, and Alejandra is seeking a child support modification that Steve says may end up spoiling his kids.

Jackpot winnings impact father's child support obligations

A recent winner of the $338 million New Jersey Powerball jackpot could be facing arrest. The man is not accused of fraudulently winning his millions, but rather he has $29,000 in unpaid child support to answer for. The man has five children, but appears to have a significant amount of missed payments dating back to 2009. A local Sheriff reports that before winnings are released, the state Lottery Division generally seeks to rectify issues of this matter.

Can residents of Texas obtain a modification of a divorce decree?

It is no easy feat obtaining a divorce modification following a divorce decree in Texas. However, with the assistance of an experienced family law attorney, there are certain circumstances in which an individual in Houston or elsewhere across the state may be able to obtain a modification of a divorce decree. The most common modifications individuals seek relate to the children exes had together.

Mother seeks visitation modification for dying child

In Texas, there must be significant evidence that there is a substantial change in circumstances which would necessitate the modification of an existing child custody or visitation arrangement. It can be difficult to obtain such a modification, particularly if an individual is attempting to do so without experienced legal counsel.

Facebook may out father trying to dodge child support

In Texas, the terms of a divorce can be modified under certain circumstances. If a spouse remarries, if a parent relocates, if a child turns 18 or there is a significant change in a spouse's income there can be grounds for modification of alimony or child support payments that are court ordered.

Keeping the holidays happy for children of divorce

Regardless of if a divorce is recent or has been finalized for years, there are some exes in Houston that will never get along and never want to get along. The holidays can be a difficult time when exes have to negotiate sharing the children.

Update: Texas mother loses custody and flees with daughter

Thankfully, the little girl that was taken by her mother last week has been found and is in good health. In fact, she was found within the same day that the Amber Alert was issued. Reportedly, when Child Protective Services arrived at the Texas home of the mother of the 11-year-old little girl, the mother attempted to prevent the removal of her daughter by fleeing after trying to hit a Child Protective Services worker with her vehicle.


Schedule a Confidential Evaluation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Recent Posts