Family law questions? I can help. Call today.
Serving The Houston Metro | Free Initial Consultation

Relocation & Modifications To Custody

If you are the custodial parent of a child whose other parent is involved in parenting, let me start with the harsh reality: Getting a relocation petition approved through the Texas family law courts is extremely difficulty. Relocation is one of the most highly litigated areas in family law courts. If your petition requests to remove the child from his or her current school district and to a community that will make it very difficult to maintain your usual parenting schedule, there are high hurdles that you must clear, no matter how much you try to demonstrate that the move will be in the child’s best interests.

Seeking Modifications For Relocation Issues

For more than 20 years, I have been working with divorced and single parents in all areas of child custody and parenting rights in Texas courts throughout the Houston metro area. As emotional as the actual divorce process is for spouses with children, I have found that relocation disputes between divorced parents are often more frustrating. The old wounds from the divorce often resurface, and new wounds are opened.

From my office in Bellaire, I represent people on both sides of the relocation issue throughout the Houston metro.

Call toll free at 866-627-7128 or locally at 832-539-4689 for a free initial consultation with an experienced Texas relocation attorney today. You may also email me with details about your legal needs using the form below.

Start The Relocation Process By Working Out A Strategy With The Other Parent

If you are considering relocating with your custodial child, it makes sense to start the process by sitting down with an experienced lawyer to discuss a strategy that will work for all parties. I offer a free consultation to discuss your circumstances and provide an honest evaluation of whether the courts are likely to approve your petition. There are often actions we can take to work out an arrangement with the other parent, to make sure the petition has the best opportunity to be approved by a court.

Call me to discuss your post-divorce modification needs in any area of family law, such as:

  • Relocation petitions
  • Modifying a visitation schedule
  • Modification of support
  • Termination of parental rights
  • Remarriage issues
  • Substance abuse problems

Call my office toll free at 866-627-7128 or locally at 832-539-4689, or use the email form below on this page to explain your need for an experienced Texas relocation lawyer. I am available for a free initial consultation during usual business hours and will make evening and weekend appointments by special arrangement. My fees are competitive, and I accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express for your convenience.